Happy First Day of Summer, readers! Isn’t it funny how a small change to your daily routine can be a major improvement? I’ve been feeling a little oily lately, which is odd for me — and then I realized that I hadn’t yet switched out my daily moisturizer to an oil-free formula!
Why is this important? Which one is my favorite?
According to Dr. Gross, when seasons change, your basic routine should remain the same, but you might want to change moisturizers. In cooler weather, oil-based products — heavier formulas — deliver deep hydration to winter-worn skin. However, if you use the same moisturizer in warmer weather, it may aggravate congestion and even lead to acne!
My skin is pretty well behaved when it comes to breakouts, but that doesn’t mean I have a perfectly balanced complexion. That’s why I switched to Hydra-Pure™ Oil-Free Moisture – it gives the dry patches of my face the love that it needs while making sure my oily T-zone isn’t overwhelmed. It also contains some superstar ingredients:
- Hydra-Pure Chelating Complex™ — Removes heavy metals & detoxifies impurities
- Vitamins A, C & E — Potent antioxidants that prevent collagen breakdown
- Genistein — Stimulates collagen production & diminishes its breakdown
- Phospholipids — Natural substance that draws moisture from the air & seals it into the skin
- Tetrapeptide-21 — Protein derivative that firms & tones the skin
- Ubiquinone (CO-Q10) — Potent antioxidant that defends against free radicals & builds collagen
Why do I like it? It’s fragrance-free, goes on smoothly, and dries quickly, making it perfect for an allergy-plagued makeup-obsessed gal like myself. And, you might not be surprised to hear that these same reasons make it a favorite of men, too!
Have you lightened up your moisturizing routine for summer? What about your makeup routine?