My hair is fine, not particularly thick, and looking kind of limp. Now that the weather is warmer, this has been bothering me more — no more hats to hide under! Did you know dermatologists treat hair issues, too? To get to the root of the problem, I asked Dr. Gross how (short of extensions) to get supermodel hair…the answers may surprise you! Continue reading
At DGSkincare, we are all about feeling positive — and feeling beautiful certainly lifts our spirits. Beauty may not always be the solution to life’s bigger problems, but it does play a big role in the way we feel about ourselves. During the winter, some of us are affected by SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), which can have a powerful impact on our day-to-day lives. We want you to feel great about yourself inside and out, so we’ve pulled together some tips to help you fight the winter blues:
- Consider sporting a natural glow that is fast and easy to apply. Our cruelty-free, paraben-free, and streak-free Alpha Beta® Glow Pads for Face and Body have you covered! The best part about these little miracle towelettes? They are infused with Vitamin D, the sun vitamin. A sunless and safe winter glow = instant happiness.
- During the winter months, our exposure to the sun is limited. The sun makes us happy, but it also provides us with natural light and essential Vitamin D. Treat your body kindly: take Vitamin D supplements daily.
- Our Steamer Solutions device is one of our favorite at-home treatments during the winter months. It opens up the pores, keeping skin clear and hydrated. A constant flow of moisture is essential to transform dull, dry skin to fresh, dewy radiance. This investment in your skin will quickly become your favorite beauty purchase.
- Don’t let cold weather stop you from socializing! When you’re feeling down, it’s important to keep close ties with your friends and family. Stay connected by throwing a casual dinner party — bonding over a healthy meal will help increase feel-good endorphins, boost your self-esteem, and release stress.
- Practice meditation and/or yoga breathing exercises. When stressed, we forget how to breathe properly. Paying attention to your breath will help you relax. You don’t need to be an expert — for proper guidance, try visiting a beginner yoga class or use the Yogic Breath app at home.
- Dr. Gross recommends taking extra care of your hair. If you have noticed extra flyaways or especially unruly hair, increased static energy may be to blame. Take care of your hair at its source — the scalp — with our Root Resilience products: Anti-Aging Scalp Serum, Strengthening Shampoo and Nourishing Scalp Conditioner.
What are your favorite ways to stay cheerful during a gloomy winter season?
A beauty and fashion blogger since 2006, Paulina Kajankova is a nature-loving country girl at heart. She is a firm believer in chemical-free products, green living and is the Associate Editor of Insider’s Guide to Spas. After creating and successfully running the fashion blog le la Moda, which lead to a three-year stint as the fashion and beauty blogger at Organic Spa Magazine, Paulina turned to jewelry design. This editor, designer, and stylist has a knack for finding environmentally-friendly, yet posh, products. DG Skincare’s mission and spa-like environment immediately harmonized with Paulina’s goals of working for a meaningful brand.
One of my favorite things about my job is that I get to see a product from start to finish. When I heard that Dr. Gross was developing a line of haircare products, I was kind of surprised. What does skincare have to do with good-looking hair?
Turns out, everything. Find out more and pre-order!